Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Actions Make the Words We Speak Louder

It was no secret to many of you that I was pulling for the Chicago Bears to win this year's Super Bowl. In spite of my second favorite team's crushing loss at the hands of the Colts, I still managed to cheer for Tony Dungy. Dungy, the head coach of the Colts is one of the classiest guys in the NFL. When he got up to receive the Vince Lombardi trophy and thanked God for his opportunity to be there, I knew that this was a man that who wasn't just taking the en vogue route of giving a "shout out to God." This was a Christian with deep convictions that realized that all belongs to the Lord. I knew this to be the case because I have silently observed Dungy's actions since his time as the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has always lived his life in a manner consistent with his publicly spoken faith in Jesus Christ.
Apparently I am not the only one who has been paying attention. I came across this article Wednesday morning while reading the Orlando Sentinel. The sports writer does a better job than I can of demonstrating two truths. First, actions do speak louder than words. Second, when we live consistent lives that bring glory to God, our actions make our words LOUDER.

Enjoy the article and then stop back buy and tell me what you think.

Chris