Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I am back!

It took some tome to get here, but I am now finished taking my comprehensive exams at Southern Seminary. I would like to thank everyone for praying for me over the past few weeks as I finalized my preparations. Regardless of whether or not I passed all of my exams, these past few months have been some of the most rewarding of my life from an academic standpoint. I was able to expand and solidify my understanding of a number of important issues that relate to church ministry and my call to preach the gospel.

I should find out whether or not I passed in the next two weeks. Until then I am kind of like a barge stuck in the Panama Canal that is waiting to be released into the Pacific Ocean. A wide open world of ministry awaits as I pass through these gates. There is certainly a great deal of work to be done to complete my studies (writing a dissertation is no drop in the bucket), but being set free from the restraints of classroom time should for the first time since 1997 should yield fruit in my spiritual walk, my family life, and my service of the church.

Keep praying for me. I will begin to post new blog topics within the week.

Chris