Thursday, July 13, 2006

Repentance, Forgiveness, and Authentic Relationships

It is rare that I make a change in a sermon series mid-stream, but given the number of questions I have fielded in our church about the topic and the number of conflicts I have observed in area churches (and in my past), I have prayerfully decided to interrupt our walk through the book of Ecclesiastes and begin a brief sermon series on the topic of forgiveness.

While I will allow the teaching of Scripture to guide each of the sermons (as always), I do want to offer application that is as direct and relevant as possible. To do that I would like your help. Over the next few weeks I want YOU to ask questions, make suggestions, or even offer hypothetical situations that I can address over the next month in an effort to help all of us get a grasp on living lives of grace. Your questions can be anonymous if you would like. While I will post other topics over the next few weeks, I will continue to check this one for comments. If there are questions that I am not able to address in my sermons, I will answer them on the blog.

Remember, authentic relationships will never be developed in any congregation if forgiveness is withheld in times of conflict or misunderstanding.

I look forward to your questions.

Chris

By the way, Ashley Mozely took this picture at a Bats Baseball game on the fourth of July. It is me wearing my "rally cap" unsuccessfully. She suggested I use it as my blog photo. What do you think?